GRAB THE CHANCE (2)
Do not let the CHANCE pass. Let us read from Galatians 6:10
There is a saying, which says, “a chance does not come a second time.” Therefore do not ever waste any opportunity that exists.
1. Many people regret when they did not use the chance well. What is left is remorse.
God is giving chances/opportunities to:
- The people at the time of Noah got for 120 years the chance to repent themselves, but they did not grab it. And when God drowned the earth with flood, all perished but Noah and his family (Genesis 6:3,5-9).
- The inhabitants of the city of Sodom and Gomorrah burned down by God. During their lifetime they were wasting chances and lived in sin.
- The rich man and Lazarus from Luke 16:19-31. While on earth the rich lived in wealth, but he did not ever sow or paid any attention to the weak. Finally, he experienced eternal destruction. He forgot that living in this world is a chance for him to prepare for a life in the eternity.
2. For how long do we have the chance to live in this world? Forever?
- In his psalm David says, “The days of our lives are seventy years, and if by reason of strength they are eigthy years, ….” (Psalm 90:10).
- Realizing that the opportunity was so limited, David prays, “so teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom” (Psalm 90:12).
- So our task is to find an opportunity in every situation, because when life ends there is no longer a chance for us to repent. After death there is no longer any opportunity to do good for ourselves or neighbor, so that King Solomon admonishes, “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going.”
Grab the best possible chance that God gives, so there will be no regrets later (Galatians 6:1-10).